Effective Date: March 30, 2023
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT?
- USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- WHERE AND HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES (DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF USER INFORMATION)
- RIGHTS AND INFORMATION OF USERS
- SECURITY AND ACCOUNT ACCESS
- HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- HOW CAN YOU ACCESS/CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT?
- APPLICABLE LAW
- CONTACTING MAUI JIM
- GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM
Therefore, we have agreed to:
- Provide customers with the notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale, or exchange with other marketers;
- Honor customers' requests not to share their information with other marketers; and
- Honor customers' requests not to receive mail, telephone, or other solicitations from the Company.
Website/Application may collect the following information from or about you.
The information we learn from Consumers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website/Application or give us in any other way including first name, last name, contact details and any other information. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information/Browsing: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Website/Application and other content served by or on behalf of the Company on other Web sites, IP address, browser type, any other standard information that web browser send or any other relevant information for any other analytics purpose. If you visit the Website but do not buy or transact with the Company in any way, the website will set cookies on your browser and will collect browsing information.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Usage and Log Data: We collect information when you use the Website/Application or view the Company advertising outside of the Website/Application. Examples of this information may include your IP address, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location (which may include precise location data), activity on the website. Services include information about the items you view on the Website/Application, ad data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers and identifiers associated with browser cookies and carrier information.
- Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies: Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. These technologies are discussed below.
- Cookies and Local Storage: One technology we use is called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer's hard disk. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you navigate around the Website/Application and how we can target our products and services more effectively to suit your personal interests. These uses allow us to improve the Maui Jim Services.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the Website. For example, we may not be able to store your preferences or login information or customize the Content and advertising to your viewing habits.
- Account/Opt-in and Profile Data from Third-Party Services: If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the Website/Application, or contact Maui Jim, through a third-party service (such as Facebook, etc.), we may, for example, collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, address information, public profile information, email address, birthday, and profile data).
If you do create an account, you will be given the option to “opt in” to our email system: "Email Opt In." If you select this option, indicating that you are interested in getting updates from the Company, you will submit your email information and be added to our distribution list. We do not share the distribution list with other companies. You will then receive multiple emails unless and until you decide to opt-out from any of the messages you have received.
- Third-Party Data: We may collect information about you from other sources, such as data aggregators, public databases, and our business partners. Examples of this may include information (whether identified, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
- Location Information: We collect your location-based information for the purpose of providing and supporting the Website/Application and for fraud prevention and security monitoring.
- Device Information: When you use the Website/Application, we may automatically collect information about the type of device you use, for example, the operating system version or the unique device identifier (or "UDID").
- Opting into Mailing Programs: If you do opt in to various mailing programs, or elect to place orders through our websites and applications, then we may also collect information including your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, and credit card information.
- Shopping (whether as a guest or as a registered account-holder): You must enter an email address to shop on our websites and applications. Your email will be stored and used to track your orders, along with billing, shipping, and order information. Your credit card information is tokenized and processed as described below.
- Submitting Repair Requests: You can submit a repair request online. If you choose to do so, your personal information relevant to the request will be required.
- Requesting Information About Events (Corporate Gifts Lead Generation, Golf Events Lead Generation): You can request information about events. If you select this option, you will be routed to the Email Opt In process described above.
We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
- The information you provide us at check-out is used to process your order and email you a confirmation of the order plus the shipping information.
- Updating on new Products/services;
- Contacting you, including for promotional purposes;
- Responding to the customer services including any queries;
- Administering you;
- Sending newsletters;
- Marketing communications;
- Customizing the Content and advertising your view and evaluating how well the Content and advertising perform;
- Identifying Content you like;
- Customizing recommendations;
- Conducting research and analytics;
- Compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- Improving our website, application and marketing efforts;
- Preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities, including fraud;
- Protecting your and our rights;
- Any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
- In addition, other internal uses for personal information may include analyzing web viewing and application use trends and informing you of our new products to help enhance your shopping experience.
To this end, the Company's websites and applications use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") and Hotjar, a website usage analysis tool, provided by Hotjar Ltd. to collect data that allows us to improve the functionality of our Website/Application and makes it more useful to you and easier to use. For more information about Google (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/) and Hotjar (https://www.hotjar.com/privacy), including those companies' privacy policies, the links mentioned herein can be visited.
By visiting our Website/Application, you acknowledge that you accept and consent to our privacy practices as well as those of Google and Hotjar as outlined or linked to in this policy.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of Website/Application, to prepare reports on their activities, and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics.
All personal information that we obtain about you will be stored and retained in accordance with Data Privacy Laws and this Policy.
Personal information submitted to or collected through our Website/Application may be stored and/or processed in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, European Union, or elsewhere. By providing us with your information (including by using our Website/Application), you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country or region.
Maui Jim considers your Information as an important part of its business. Accordingly, Maui Jim shall not engage in sale of Information relating to users to third parties. However, we may share information collected from or about you with third parties as explained further below, including business partners, social networking services, service providers, advertisers, and other companies that help us with our business such as charging credit cards, shipping your order, after reasonably assuring itself that such third parties have undertaken to maintain confidentiality of Personal Information relating to the users:
- Consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Company when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Social Networking Services. When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the Website/Application, including Products you like on Website/Application, information about you and your activities will be shared with that social network.
- Service Providers. The Company shares information among service providers, affiliates and with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on the Company's behalf and need access to your information to carry out work for the Company.
- Your Browsers and Devices. We may work with service providers who use information collected from or about you to help us identify the browsers and devices you use for various purposes, including for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and measurement purposes. For example, these service providers may use your activity on one browser or device to serve you with more tailored advertising on another browser or device.
- Advertising-Related Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you in encrypted, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure and improve advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the Website/Application, websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online.
- Third Party Advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data when you access the Website/Application. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/ and http://kenshoo.com/privacy-policy/.
- Analytical Purposes: We share information with third parties for analytical purposes, as is described above. Please be assured that we never sell, trade, or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third party websites or companies for commercial purposes.
- To Protect Your and Our Rights: We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the Company except as follows:
Legal Requirements: We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the Company if we have a good-faith belief that access; use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations of same.
- Investigate, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, intellectual property infringement, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our website and application users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Business Transitions: It is possible that as the Company develops, there could be mergers, acquisitions, and asset sales that could result in a change in ownership or control of your personal information. If this were to happen, we would continue to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information.
User of the website or application may include any Consumer or any visitor. User has a right to alter, correct or update his personal or non-personal information including details about his/her account and other related information. Deletion of personal information may be requested by you as and when required. We would attempt to respond to all requests relating to such issues in accordance with law. We retain the right to reject any unreasonable or unrealistic requests, requests that could expose us to fraud in any manner or require unnecessary technical support. We promise to prevent and take measures in order to dispose of any personal information of the user when not required.
We advertise the Company both on its website as well as on its application and other platforms. We also display advertisements from other companies on the Website/Application, often enabling users to interact with the advertisements or click through to websites or other properties owned or operated by other companies. This section provides additional information about the collection and use of information from or about you in connection with such advertising.
We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, we take steps to limit access to sensitive information from or about you to the employees, agents, and contractors of the Company who have a legitimate business reason to access such information.
Please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the Website/Application, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you at all times. Please note that if you allow others to use your account, they may be able to view information about your account, including information about the videos you view and your email address, you shall not hold us responsible for any breach of security. Further, you shall not hold us responsible for any breach of security or for any action of any third parties that receive your Personal Information or events that are beyond our reasonable control including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
Please be assured of the caution we use regarding the personal information you provide during the checkout process. We utilize Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of your credit card information. SSL encrypts your order information to avoid the decoding of that information by anyone other than the Company. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit your credit card information, please check your browser to see either an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser during the order process. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address will change from "http" to "https". Some browser versions and some firewalls don't permit communication through secure servers like the ones we use to process orders at the Website/Application. If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, please feel free to place your order with us by phone at +91 44 42968899.
Your credit card information submitted on the Website/Application is stored and processed by a third party which has contractually agreed to comply with all rules, regulations, standards, or guidelines adopted or required by the credit card payment brands (including, without limitation, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB) or the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council relating to privacy, data security, and the safeguarding, disclosure, and handling of Payment Instrument Information, including, without limitation, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, Visa's Cardholder Information Security Program, Discover's Information Security & Compliance Program, American Express's Data Security Operating Policy, MasterCard's Site Data Protection Program, Visa's Payment Application Best Practices, the Payment Card Industry's Payment Application Data Security Standard, MasterCard's POS Terminal Security program, and the Payment Card Industry PIN Transmission Security program, in each case as they may be amended from time to time.
We will provide you with access to the personal information you provided to us by allowing you to view, update, and even correct your information. In order to protect your privacy, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the private information or enabling you to make corrections, using passwords and personal data.
If you want to find out what personal information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com, or call us at +91 44 42968899.
If you would like to deactivate your account, you may do so by calling us at +91 44 42968899. If you deactivate your account, we may retain certain personal information about you for record keeping purposes for the time provided in the applicable laws. Because we maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction, after you delete information from our websites and applications, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
The Company controls and operates this Website/Application from its office at Illinois, United States of America. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the Website/Application, you consent to the transfer of information to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under the laws of Illinois, United States of America. Further, any laws for time being in force in the territory of India shall also be applicable to any disputes arising out of the use of this Website/Application by users in India.
The Company is committed towards ensuring that disputes with its Users and intends to settle them amicably by way of the dispute resolution mechanisms and procedures. However, in the event that You wish to contact the Company, You may proceed to do so by reaching out to customer support at: Grievance email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or calling us at +91 44 42968899.
Please note that we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will attempt to do so for free, if it is reasonable for us to do so.
In order to ensure compliance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and The Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021. MAUI JIM has appointed a Grievance Redressal Officer to oversee all aspects of its privacy policies and practices. If you are dissatisfied with Maui Jim's privacy policies or practices. You can write a mail with proper information related to your issue and any step taken by you. Please contact us on below mentioned details-
The Nodal & Compliance Officer
One Aloha Lane
Peoria, IL 61528