- Maui Jim
PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
Aloha! As part of our 'Ohana, we at Maui Jim, Inc., Maui Jim Asia Limited, and other affiliated companies (collectively, the “Company” or “Maui Jim”) believe strongly in protecting your privacy. That’s why we’re committed to the Direct Marketing Association’s “Privacy Promise to American Consumers,” as well as to protecting information covered by European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, European Directive 2009/136/EC, their replacements (including European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)), and other applicable data protection legislation (collectively, the “Data Privacy Laws”). Therefore, we have agreed to:
- Provide customers with the notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale, or exchange with other marketers;
- Honor customers’ requests not to share their information with other marketers; and
- Honor customers’ requests not to receive mail, telephone, or other solicitations from the Company.
The purpose of this Policy is to help you to understand how we collect and use your information, how we protect it, and what your ongoing rights are relative to that information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or issues you may have - we are happy to answer! You can reach out to us by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 852 2580-2899. Many mahalos ("thank you" in Hawaiian) for your interest and cooperation!
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we collect your personal information?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Where and how do we store your personal information?
- How do we secure your personal information?
- Do we allow third parties to collect and use your personal information?
- Do we share the personal information we collect?
- How can you access and correct your personal information?
- How can you deactivate your account?
- How do we protect children?
- How is this policy updated?
- What is our contact information for privacy questions?
In general, you can visit many of our web pages and use applications without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous, unless you voluntarily tell us who you are.
If you do opt in to various mailing programs, or elect to place orders through our websites and applications, then we may also collect information including your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, and credit card information.
We collect your information in various ways, including the following:
Browsing: If you visit a Maui Jim website but do not buy or transact with the Company in any way, the website will set cookies on your browser and will collect browsing information.
Cookies: A "cookie" is a small amount of information stored on your hard drive which was sent to your Internet browser from a Web server. Cookies collect information on our behalf that will help us better understand how you navigate around the website and how we can target our products and services more effectively to suit your personal interests. In most instances, you are able to set your Internet browser to not accept cookies, or you can opt to be notified when a cookie is sent to your computer and then decide whether or not to accept it. Please note that the websites and applications might not work properly if cookies are disabled.
Creating an Account or Logging In: You may choose to log into a Maui Jim website or application. If you do not have an account, you may create an account without placing an order. If you do create an account, you will be given the option to “opt in” to our email system: “Email Opt In.” If you select this option, indicating that you are interested in getting updates from the Company, you will submit your email information and be added to our distribution list. We do not share the distribution list with other companies. You will then receive multiple emails, unless and until you decide to opt-out from any of the messages you have received.
Shopping (whether as a guest or as a registered account-holder): You must enter an email address to shop on our websites and applications. Your email will be stored and used to track your orders, along with billing, shipping, and order information. Your credit card information is tokenized and processed as described below.
Submitting Repair Requests: You can submit a repair request online. If you choose to do so, your personal information relevant to the request will be required.
Requesting Information About Events (Corporate Gifts Lead Generation, Golf Events Lead Generation): You can request information about events. If you select this option, you will be routed to the Email Opt In process described above.
By providing us with your personal information (including by using our websites or applications), you consent to us processing this personal information in one or more of the ways described in this Policy, including the following:
- The information you provide us at check-out is used to process your order and email you a confirmation of the order plus the shipping information.
- We will primarily use your personal information to provide products and services to you, including sending you information/materials via e-mail or mail about products, offers and news we think could interest you, performing analyses of the website, and for customer service purposes.
- In addition, other internal uses for personal information received through our websites and applications may arise, which may include analyzing web viewing and application use trends and informing you of our new products to help enhance your shopping experience.
To this end, the Company’s websites and applications use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") and Hotjar, an web site usage analysis tool, provided by Hotjar Ltd. to collect data that allows us to improve the functionality of our websites and applications and make them more useful to you and easier to use. For more information about Google (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/) and Hotjar (https://www.hotjar.com/privacy) , including those companies’ privacy policies.
By visiting our websites, you acknowledge that you accept and consent to our privacy practices as well as those of Google and Hotjar as outlined or linked to in this policy.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of websites and applications, to prepare reports on their activities, and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics.
All personal information that we obtain about you will be stored and retained in accordance with Data Privacy Laws and this Policy.
Personal information submitted to or collected through our websites and applications may be stored and/or processed in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, European Union, or elsewhere. By providing us with your information (including by using our websites or applications), you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country or region.
In particular, data replication for the Lae Ula application will be in Germany (by Amazon Web Services) and in the United States of America (by First National Technology Solutions, Inc.).
Please be assured of the caution we use regarding the personal information you provide during the checkout process. On our websites and in our applications, we utilize Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of your credit card information.
SSL encrypts your order information to avoid the decoding of that information by anyone other than the Company. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit your credit card information, please check your browser to see either an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser during the order process. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address will change from "http" to "https". Some browser versions and some firewalls don't permit communication through secure servers like the ones we use to process orders at mauijim.com and our other websites and applications. If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, please feel free to place your order with us by phone at 852 2580-2899.
Your credit card information submitted on the websites and applications is stored and processed by a third party which has contractually agree to comply with all rules, regulations, standards, or guidelines adopted or required by the credit card payment brands (including, without limitation, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB) or the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council relating to privacy, data security, and the safeguarding, disclosure, and handling of Payment Instrument Information, including, without limitation, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, Visa’s Cardholder Information Security Program, Discover’s Information Security & Compliance Program, American Express’s Data Security Operating Policy, MasterCard’s Site Data Protection Program, Visa’s Payment Application Best Practices, the Payment Card Industry’s Payment Application Data Security Standard, MasterCard’s POS Terminal Security program, and the Payment Card Industry PIN Transmission Security program, in each case as they may be amended from time to time.
As above we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") and Hotjar, an web site usage analysis tool, provided by Hotjar Ltd., to collect data that allows us to improve the functionality of our websites and applications and make them more useful to you and easier to use.
We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data when you visit our websites and use our applications. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/ and http://kenshoo.com/privacy-policy/.
Our websites and applications may also contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy, which we recommend that you read and review before visiting. We provide these linked websites only for the convenience of our visitors and are not responsible for these sites.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the Company (Maui Jim, Inc., Maui Jim Asia Limited, and other affiliated companies) except as follows:
- Consent: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Company when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Internal Use: The Company shares information among affiliates and with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on the Company’s behalf and need access to your information to carry out work for the Company.
- Analytical Purposes: We share information with third parties for analytical purposes, as is described above. Please be assured that we never sell, trade, or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third party websites or companies for commercial purposes.
- Legal Requirements: We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the Company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary...
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests.
- To enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations of same.
- To investigate, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, intellectual property infringement, security, or technical issues.
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our website and application users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We will provide you with access to the personal information you provided to us by allowing you to view, update, and even correct your information. In order to protect your privacy, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the private information or enabling you to make corrections, using passwords and personal data.
If you want to find out what personal information we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 852 2580-2899.
Please note that we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will attempt to do so for free, if it is reasonable for us to do so.
If you would like to deactivate your account, you may do so by calling us at 852 2580-2899. If you deactivate your account, we may retain certain personal information about you for record keeping purposes for the time provided in the applicable laws. Because we maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction, after you delete information from our websites and applications, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
The Company takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our websites and applications are appropriate for general audiences. We do not permit anyone who tells us that he/she is under the age of 18 to register with us. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 18 without their parent's consent. Children under the age of 18 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.